Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time?

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 16 Apr 16 4:19 pm America/Chicago #1

• Willow Saille
  • Rank2
  • Thank you received: 2
I have recently set two spells--buried them on the appropriate property and everything--one of which is appropriate for waxing moon, and one of which I do not expect to see results from until the full moon has passed and the waning phase has started. I see this as getting the work done when I could do it (not my property, for one thing) and postponing activation until the proper phase. I have beendoing this successfully for decades, but II have known practitioners who did not dare even begin the work until the moon was in the proper phase, certain that this would bring ruin on the work. What do you all do? How do you see it? Different strokes, or crucial spell element abandoned? Some are VERY touchy about this. Others are like me, and others in between or differentiating between types of spells or situations.

Aoifrim (Willow)
Please Login to Post a Reply
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 22 Apr 16 12:53 am America/Chicago #2

• Ladon
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 103
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
MM Aoifrim,

I think I would be member of the "in between" category :).
The correct moon phase is one of the things I consider for magic, but there can be practical reasons to abandon this general rule of thumb. After all, if you are adamant about moon phase, then why not go "full ceremonial magic" and calculate the exact date and hour you can best perform your spell? The most important things for me are still focus and visualisation. Any associations that can help me focus on my goal, such as herbs, colors, timing, minerals, sound ... are only tools. For me, the real power lies in the ability to channel energy, personal or universal, towards making your wish become reality. This may be influenced by external factors like planetary positions, but not in a major "make or break" way. At least that's how I feel.

BB,

Ladon
Thank You from these Members:: Sporehead

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 29 Apr 16 1:21 pm America/Chicago #3

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 58
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
I generally try to do my best to check all the correspondence charts for the best possible results for my spells, especially the Moon phases. That being said, maybe I am not as experienced as you or as confident. However, all my spells have worked as planned and you know, it just comes down to doing what works for the individual. Sometimes you just got to do that spell right now. Then intent would be the defining factor.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: Sporehead

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 18 Jun 16 3:56 pm America/Chicago #4

• Daella
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 44
Sometimes you know ahead and plan... "when is next waxing... I want to get a little something work out... wait, who moved my calendar again... oh, there it is... "

Sometimes you have enough time to semi-plan... "what? the baby's coming today?... lemme get the basket and get this out... wait, where's the moon?... did you add the lavender in there in case we're waxing?... where's my calendar... who moved my calendar?... oh, there it is..."

Sometimes you just fly... "oh wow, i can still feel her negativity... let's smudge... cedar or sage... where's the moon?... where's my calendar?... again? I'm going to buy one for every room in this house..."

<shrug> just stay aware, adjust when necessary, and have several lunar calendars?

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 18 Jun 16 5:12 pm America/Chicago #5

• Pagan Priestess
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank4
  • Pagan Priestess~
  • Thank you received: 24
Nothing wrong with being a stickler for details if this is what you intuition tells you is right...lately I seem to be doing spells that can just hang around...you know those come hither spells for attraction....what I really like are the moon spells but seem to be too preoccupied and haven't gone there...usually I go with the intuition aspect...when it feels right, do it!

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 19 Jun 16 4:40 am America/Chicago #6

• hvgeel
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 90
Well, when I have to "work ahead" , I might imagine the Moon like it probably would be at the time the work has to come "active". Or indeed, I imagine the influence of the Moon in the fitting aspect. But like always, intent makes the day.

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 4 Jul 16 1:19 pm America/Chicago #7

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
Well, I am so glad that it is now the new moon, the energy from the last waning moon was so heavy and suffocating I could hardly stand it. Time to set new intentions and plans. My talismen that I made are working, especally the one for creativity, I have been painting non stop. Maybe my psychic talisman is making me a bit too sensitive which could be accounting for the heavy moon influence because I am feeling better now. I am a firm believer for working with the lunar influences.
But if you have to work a spell but can't wait for the moon to be right. You can use the time of the day to work with. Imagine the clock face as a representation of the month, with 1:00am as the New Moon phase, waxing to 12:00 noon as Full Moon. Waning Moon from noon to midnight.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

working against the moon--merely setting up ahead of time? 18 Jul 16 2:51 pm America/Chicago #8

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
One thing we have forgotten is when the Moon is Void of Course or V/C for short. This is just before the Moon enters a new sign, it will make one final aspect (angular relationship) to another palnet. Between that last aspect and the entrance of the Moon into the next sign it is said to be void-of-course. Activities begun when the Moon is void-of-course rarely come to fruition, or the turn out very differently than planed. with thanks to Llewellyn's Witches' Datebook.
For instance for tomorrows Full Moon July 19, 2016. The moon is v/c at 6:57pm est and moves from Capricorn into Aquarius This is also the time when the Moon becomes full. It is a time of flux. Better to do the spell before or after, but not during.
Good luck with your spell casting tomorrow. :spell:
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.  Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Save when you pay dues for more years:
What areas of study interest you most?
Any Notes or Comments to Add?
Pixel