PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now (2)

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.

August Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75.

Save when you join for longer periods.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A symbol for the Universe

A symbol for the Universe 5 May 16 8:15 am America/Chicago #1

• Juniper
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 5
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
Hello All, I am looking for an object to place on my altar to represent the Universe. I am considering the selenite stone available in the shop or a crystal ball and I'll need a stand. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have also considered a statue of the White Goddess to be representative of the Universe as they seem tied together in my head. Thank you :)
Blessed Be :)
Please Login to Post a Reply
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

A symbol for the Universe 5 May 16 10:39 am America/Chicago #2

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 329
I've always felt that the Shiva Lingham is a good representation, especially set into the vescus "altar/stand". A lapis sphere might also be nice, with the deep blue and "stars" emerging. Clear quartz spheres are a great idea, they contain many universes within. I've used geodes for similar purposes as well. Spirals, circles, spheres, oroborus, lemniscate/infinity symbols, OM, Choku Rei (the spiral-like Reiki symbol) and mobius are good symbols of the universe.

For a long time, I used a quartz point to represent masculine, and a quartz sphere for feminine, with a similar universal theme in mind on my altar.

I've seen some great selenite pieces that would be perfect. Be careful not to leave selenite in the rain or in water too much or it will loose its glossy sheen... I'll keep thinking about it, but it looks like you have some great inspiration. If I think of anything else I'll post.
Please "Like" PaganPath on Facebook by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking the like button. :)
Thank You from these Members:: Juniper

A symbol for the Universe 5 May 16 10:42 am America/Chicago #3

• Juniper
  • Contributing Member
Thank you Friday! I like the idea of the lapis sphere or a clear quartz sphere as well.
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

A symbol for the Universe 5 May 16 11:32 am America/Chicago #4

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 54
I'm all for the Ouroboros as a symbol for the Universe.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: Friday, Juniper

A symbol for the Universe 5 May 16 7:58 pm America/Chicago #5

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 329
LOL, I thought you would! :)
I thought of you as I was writing that.
Please "Like" PaganPath on Facebook by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking the like button. :)
Thank You from these Members:: Ouroboros

A symbol for the Universe 6 May 16 7:28 am America/Chicago #6

• Juniper
  • Contributing Member
I found a quartz crystal ball and also ordered a minimalist nature based altar kit. I'm very excited for it to get here. Then I can add to it as I go.

A symbol for the Universe 6 May 16 2:57 pm America/Chicago #7

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
It is so much fun building your Altar, gathering things that mean so much to you. Finding altar pieces in unexpected places and natural items that are free and beautiful. Feathers, rocks and crystals, wood for wands and chalices in thrift shops. I'm still looking for a cauldron, calling out to the universe. Please and thank you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: Juniper

A symbol for the Universe 20 Jul 16 11:45 am America/Chicago #8

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
Friday wrote:
A lapis sphere might also be nice, with the deep blue and "stars" emerging.
For a long time, I used a quartz point to represent masculine, and a quartz sphere for feminine, with a similar universal theme in mind on my altar..
The Lapis sphere for the Universe with the quartz point and the quartz sphere on either side would be beautiful in it's simplicity. All I need is the lapis sphere, a nice big one! :woohoo:
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.

August Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.