PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now (2)

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.

August Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75.

Save when you join for longer periods.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)?

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 13 Jun 16 8:35 pm America/Chicago #1

• Sporehead
  • Thank you received: 11
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
Litha is a week away, and I was just wondering how y'all were planning to celebrate. This will be only my second Sabbat, and sadly I will be working that day (and I'm afraid to take off because I'm new at my job), so I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do …
Please Login to Post a Reply

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 14 Jun 16 10:28 am America/Chicago #2

• Pagan Priestess
  • Contributing Member
  • Pagan Priestess~
  • Thank you received: 24
Just a "Litha Merry Greet" to everyone...and I found a Sun Ritual that looks interesting! :candle: :hat: :cuppa: :side:
Thank You from these Members:: Sporehead

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 14 Jun 16 2:25 pm America/Chicago #3

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 54
050_50.jpg

Traditionally the time to gather herbs. I think I will just enjoy the day, I hope a sunny one, I will remember the beautiful Solstice day I spent at the Ring of Brodgar in the Orkney Islands walking the stone circle. Truly a magickal moment in time. :hat:
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: Sporehead

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 27 Jun 16 6:51 am America/Chicago #4

• Ladon
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 102
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
MM all,

I wanted to share a part of our Litha sabbat with everyone. The usual ingredients include: collecting a bundle of herbs and charging it with dance and song, burning the old bundle to set free it's energy, and a "battle" between the holly king and the oak king. This year, we kept the midsummer-bonfire alive by lighting a candle with it. I took it home, and the idea is to keep some form of flame that originated from the midsummer fire burning at all times. Each coven member will take their turn in guarding the fire untill midwinter. I think this was a beautiful idea to keep the energy of midsummer active during the shortening of days and keep our covenmembers connected in between sabbats or esbats.
We had a wonderful celebration in very changeable weather: short, heavy showers and bright sunshine alike, which made all the elements very present. I hope you all had a great midsummer too.

BB,
Ladon

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 27 Jun 16 3:35 pm America/Chicago #5

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
It sounds like you had a great day with your coven, mine was pretty quiet and by myself. I did a small candle and sigil spell to mark the season and updated my Book of Shadows. It was extra special because of the Full Moon.
Sad to think the days are now getting shorter. The wheel has turned.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 28 Jul 16 1:37 am America/Chicago #6

• Otatara
  • Thank you received: 98
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
Here in the southern hemisphere, the solstice was our shortest day, with the sun rising around quarter to eight and setting just before five.
I looked at the twelve hibiscus plants in my garden put in this summer - only three of them look like they're alive at the moment, after we plunged to -1, as a gale blew up from the Antarctic, and the skies were clear with Pegasus, Orion, and the Southern Cross clearly visible in the night sky. The snow on the mountain I live beneath glowed pale blue in the moonlight, and the bitter wind blew from that too. But despite the utterly freezing temperature - this was when I got home from work at midnight - it was beautiful.

It's good to know that summer is on its way. My ritual was very simple - standing out in my garden in my thickest jersey and coat, observing all of the things above.

What are your plans for Litha (Yule in S.H.)? 28 Jul 16 1:50 pm America/Chicago #7

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
It sounds like you had a beautiful evening, you will be happy to see spring come after the cold. I hope your hibiscus plants make it through the wnter.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.

August Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.