Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gun Control

Gun Control 8 Jul 16 3:07 pm America/Chicago #1

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 58
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
I have been watching the news lately and I am appalled by the number of killings by the police against Black people. What is wrong with the police that they cannot treat people with dignity and respect instead of just pulling a gun and shooting someone for a broken tail light. If the cops are so afraid, quit your job and take up knitting. Stop the sensless killing! America! Smarten up! You talk about building walls, well maybe you should and keep yourself locked up tight. Don't open the door, especially if it is a cop at the door.
:angry: get rid of your god dammed guns! and stop being such haters!
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Please Login to Post a Reply

Gun Control 8 Jul 16 3:09 pm America/Chicago #2

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
Present company excepted, unless you have a gun. I don't expect spiritual people to need one.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

Gun Control 9 Jul 16 2:25 pm America/Chicago #3

• Pagan Priestess
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank4
  • Pagan Priestess~
  • Thank you received: 24
Seriously, having a gun only causes even more probs than if you didn't and to watch someone get shot-down in the street is not a pretty sight and what they meant after the bullets fly meant nothing and all anyone can do is shake their heads and try to understand!

Gun Control 12 Jul 16 2:18 pm America/Chicago #4

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
My rant is changing into a Spell on Tues. 19th July on the Blessing moon. I am going to post my spell as a separate topic. Tuesday will be a good day to work with courage, politics and revenge.
Thanks for your comment Pagan Priestess.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

Gun Control 13 Jul 16 9:26 am America/Chicago #5

• Pagan Priestess
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank4
  • Pagan Priestess~
  • Thank you received: 24
Good for you girl...just be careful with it and a well placed spell may help a lot!

Gun Control 13 Jul 16 3:29 pm America/Chicago #6

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
If we can all radiate love and acceptance, it will be a good start. Haters are still gonna hate! We are only in control of ourselves. ;)
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

Gun Control 28 Jul 16 2:01 am America/Chicago #7

• Otatara
  • Rankmod
  • Thank you received: 98
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
Speaking with care, as this topic can be a VERY delicate one, with many people holding very strong opinions on this topic...

It cannot be denied that the news described below in other posts has caused much distress, throughout the United States, and around the world.
I thought I'd offer the alternative that I wish the US government and public could accept - but that would mean the loss of the right to bear arms, and also how would they ever build the level of the trust that is required to pull it off? It works here, but its a different culture, in a small country, isolated from much of the world.

Here, in New Zealand, the Police are NOT routinely armed with firearms. They carry a short baton, pepper spray, and lately, tasers; but firearms are only used in emergencies - most, but not all, police cars have a locked box equipped with two Glock pistols, and generally the Armed Offenders Squad armed with Bushmaster Rifles attend when guns are required, and they operate similarly to other police forces worldwide - NZ's equivalent of a US SWAT team.
Ours dates from 1964 when the first murders related to drug smuggling happened in the country.

Anyway, the REASON that the New Zealand Police/Nga Pirihimana O Aotearoa (their Maori name means roughly the same as the English) do not routinely carry firearms, is that they are founded on the CONSENT of the public, to be Policed in the first place.

So anything the Police do, they need to feel the public would consent to - and that includes the least possible use of force. That doesn't mean the Police never shoot offenders - they do - and neither does it mean that the public will always disapprove of any such shooting, but it's one of the reasons that I think things work here; along with New Zealand's very strict gun control laws; basically you can buy a rifle or a shotgun to go hunting with, and a pistol IF you are a member of a gun club and that its used for target practice only at a gun club. Before you buy a gun, you must hold a firearms licence where you prove to the Police that you are a "fit and proper person" to be trusted with a firearm, and tearing around the place WITH a gun and WITHOUT a licence is a serious offence.

As to how I know the above - much is public knowledge, the rest I get from my beloved cousin, who is a Constable in Auckland. Luckily, he has never had to point a gun at anyone, he said pointing a taser was bad enough. As it happened, the offender had been tasered before, and decided they didn't want to repeat the experience, so they got handcuffed, bundled into the back of the police car, and driven away.
Thank You from these Members:: Sporehead

Gun Control 28 Jul 16 2:03 pm America/Chicago #8

• Ouroboros
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
I think New Zealand is similar to Canada, we don't walk around with guns on our hips like the Americans. A lot of people hunt, but you need a licence for that. Not many here have hand guns. Nobody needs an automatic assalt rifle.
If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night, I'm going to throw the cat at them. He is very prickly.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: Sporehead

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.  Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Save when you pay dues for more years:
What areas of study interest you most?
Any Notes or Comments to Add?
Pixel