TOPIC: Samhain is coming!

Samhain is coming! 24 Oct 16 8:19 am America/Chicago #1

• Ladon
  • Expert Member
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 103
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
MM all,

what are your plans? ritual or mundane or both?

I am celebrating with the coven, we will most likely have a very serene ritual to connect with our ancestors, both blood relatives and more "spiritual tribe" ancestors you feel connected to. Also, a personal divination is often incoorporated into the ritual. Sometimes, New Year's gifts are presented. I am sure that it will be a good combination of spiritual celebration and "plain fun gathering", as always. I am looking forward to it!

"Halloween" is becoming a bigger and bigger thing here in Belgium, commercially but also socially. Every year, there is also some attention to the pagan origins of this feast. Lots of nighttime walk are organised around time and some towns or neighbourhoods are starting to "trick or treat".
I hope this gradually opens people's minds for a broader understanding of what paganism is, what we do and that we are taken seriously instead of seen as freaks or oddballs. If nothing else, I hope it can bring people together around a bonfire with some hot wine and spread a little friendship in dark times.

BB,

Ladon
Please Login to Post a Reply
Thank You from these Members:: jstanciell

Samhain is coming! 25 Oct 16 10:02 pm America/Chicago #2

• Rhythmwolf
  • New to Forum
  • Rank1
MM!

Samhain is my favorite holiday. My husband and I always start the festivities with a Halloween party for our friends. Its a fun gatherings to just hang out, eat, drink and be merry. I'm going as Princess Leia this year.

Samhain itself is set aside as a day of festivities for myself and hubby. We have a feast for dinner making sure to set the table for the Gods as well as family members no longer with us. Ritual will be held. Then some time for brief reflections regarding what this past year brought us and our hopes for the new year. Hubby usually heads for bed at this point. I set aside personal time for divination and breaking of the Veil.

Hope your holiday is magickal!

Rhythmwolf

Samhain is coming! 28 Oct 16 8:40 pm America/Chicago #3

• char8706
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 17
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
Hello everyone! This year my husband and I plan to hand candy out to trick-or-treaters. Afterward, I want to perform a ritual for the loved ones that have passed and for a fresh start in a new year. I haven't been a fan of the past year. I hope all of you have a wonderful Samhain!
Blessed Be!

Samhain is coming! 31 Oct 16 1:01 pm America/Chicago #4

• Otatara
  • Rankmod
  • Thank you received: 98
I am on one of my rather sporadic trips to the United States, so I will be spending Samhain around a bonfire, up on a hill with the redoubtable Friday and Rabblerouzer. I am not sure what we are going to do exactly, but Friday has declined to sacrifice a chicken on her outdoor altar in order to terrorise the neighbours, or to wear a silver crown fitted with eight purple tapered candles that would drip hot wax on her head, with or without a matching purple and silver throne, or to lead a black goat around the circle nine times counterclockwise, along with any other suggestions I came up with. She did however, agree to a bottle of Prosecco so I am going to put that in the car and drive On The Wrong Side Of The Road (New Zealanders drive on the left) through the mountains to their place. Happy Hallowe'en everyone!
Thank You from these Members:: zanna, char8706

Samhain is coming! 31 Oct 16 4:16 pm America/Chicago #5

• jstanciell
  • New to Forum
  • Rank1
  • Study & Scholarship Award
MM And Hello To Everyone,
Samhain is here and as part of my celebration I decided to join here to reaquaint myself with Pagan Practices and Paths. I feel I need a brushing up and to be a part of a group setting so that I can.... feel connected.... I guess is the best way I can put it. I'm a Solitary Pagan and around another person who's not religious at all. So, there's not really a spiritual connection of any kind there.
My intention for the rest of my celebration is to (hopefully, if the internet service co-operates) worship with a on-line group who is performing ritual. So, if all goes well, that should be fun.

Happy Samhain To Everyone

Miss Jody

Samhain is coming! 31 Oct 16 4:33 pm America/Chicago #6

• zanna
  • Rankmod
  • Eclectic Pagan, Hedgewitch
  • Thank you received: 65
Well met and welcome Miss Jody!
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.

Samhain is coming! 25 Oct 17 4:20 pm America/Chicago #7

• zanna
  • Rankmod
  • Eclectic Pagan, Hedgewitch
  • Thank you received: 65
Happy almost Samhain everyone!

I enjoyed looking back at this thread from last year and thought how fun it woukd be to revive for the coming celebration. We have so many new folks who have joined us this year, what will you be doing this coming Samhain 2017 :candle: :candle: ?
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

Samhain is coming! 26 Oct 17 2:02 pm America/Chicago #8

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
  • Thank you received: 335
Great idea! This time of year is so busy for us that I haven't even made plans for the actual Sabbat other than a bonfire at home with my partner. Today I have a handfasting to perform in a couple of hours and then tomorrow a harvest festival, but other than that it is a mad scramble to prep the sanctuary for winter with new goat and chicken barns, cold frames for herbs and tucking in the apple orchard for long tree naps.
Please "Like" PaganPath on Facebook by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking the like button. :)
Thank You from these Members:: zanna

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.  Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Save when you pay dues for more years:
What areas of study interest you most?
Any Notes or Comments to Add?
Pixel