Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: looking for a good meditation routine.

looking for a good meditation routine. 1 Mar 17 5:21 pm America/Chicago #1

• Aprildawn
  • Thank you received: 1
I find myself in dire need of a calming and centering meditation routine. Also it would be helpful if my 4 year old son can do it with me. Any ideas??
Please Login to Post a Reply
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

looking for a good meditation routine. 2 Mar 17 2:15 pm America/Chicago #2

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 327
It may be helpful to begin with simple visualization exercises combined with circular patterned breathing. Going through the colors and chakras is good and there are several exercises here on the site.
Please "Like" PaganPath on Facebook by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking the like button. :)

looking for a good meditation routine. 2 Mar 17 2:21 pm America/Chicago #3

• Aprildawn
Thank you Friday. Blessed be. Any advice for teaching my 4 year old son how to do it? He has adhd and severe anger problems with violent tendencies.

looking for a good meditation routine. 3 Mar 17 9:44 am America/Chicago #4

• Ladon
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 102
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
MM,

for a 4 year old, some form of "active meditation", like walking a labyrinth or following a finger labyrinth, might be helpfull because this is something that doesn't require sitting still and is relatively easy to explain. A finger labyrinth can be printed, drawn or sculpted (a meditative project in itself), if you have the space you can create a temporary or fixed labyrinth in the garden. Google or pinterest are full of examples.
The labyrinth is an excellent tool to center yourself and to let go of any frustrations that could result in violent outbursts. On the way in, at every turn, stop for a moment, take a deep breath, let one "issue" float away and continue the path. On the way out, you could picture having fun with something that normally gets him/you worked up.

Good luck finding something that works!
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

looking for a good meditation routine. 3 Mar 17 11:11 am America/Chicago #5

• Aprildawn
Thank you so much. I will definitely try that. Probably the finger one first, as my yard is still under a couple feet of snow. Lol

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now. Become a Premium Member & Enroll in the Academy here or join as a Free Full Member here to access more great stuff.