Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I need help

I need help 24 Jun 17 8:29 pm America/Chicago #1

• branwynmyra
  • Rank2
  • Grey witch......ummmmmm that's kinda all I've got
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Study & Scholarship Award
Please. Can you guys help me? My family has found out that I'm a closet witch. And they have told me that if I don't stop, they're going to force me out onto the streets. Me practicing is one of the "tools" that I use to battle my anxiety and depression. Please, if anyone of you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
"The only way to have a friend is to be one"
-Ralph Emerson
Please Login to Post a Reply

I need help 19 Jul 17 8:19 am America/Chicago #2

• Otatara
  • Rankmod
  • Thank you received: 98
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
Oh, sweetie, what a heartbreaking story.

If your family are going to use those sort of tactics, it matters little what you challenged them with, legal or not - whether you were a witch, or you just wanted to dye your hair green, or that they discovered you are an evil lesbian bondage queen who locks young girls in her cellar.... anything they don't like, they'll come down on you.

You face stark choices - you can "knuckle under" - do as they wish, and let them control your life to suit their own insecurities, or you can be thrown out and then do as YOU wish. Even if they genuinely believe you're on the proverbial Highway To Hell - and that is possible, they don't get to control your choices, and using the threat of forcing you out onto the streets, is despicable.

See what community services are available, and seek advice from your mental health team, which I hope you have, as you are battling mental illness.
Whether you do or do not, refusing to be pushed around, or to hide who and what you are, are powerful weapons to use against both anxiety and depression.
We can't change our families, but we can change ourselves.

My best wishes to you.
Please Login to Post a Reply

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.  Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Save when you pay dues for more years:
What areas of study interest you most?
Any Notes or Comments to Add?
Pixel