Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Important PaganPath News

Important PaganPath News 27 Aug 17 12:14 pm America/Chicago #1

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
  • Thank you received: 329
PaganPath.com and hundreds of other Pagan, Wiccan and Witchcraft sites caught in political crossfire as server under DDoS attack

I'm connecting to the forum from a proxy in the Netherlands today, the only way I can maintain this and hundreds of other websites I host on my server. Our server has been caught in the middle of political attacks (Read more here if you like: www.theregister.co.u...sive_ddos/ )

I was worried about them when some time back they decided to keep domain owner information private (regardless of political pressure) and although that article I linked above blames the "latter" there have been many times the server has butted horns with fascism and I believe that the "Daily Stormer" is just the latest red herring.

Now many of you old timers here on PaganPath KNOW that I do not involve politics on PaganPath, and I still will not. Suffice it to say that the war has bled onto our "land" now, and we are in the crossfire.

All of the web sites I host through this server (everything from a local public library to over 100 pagan sites plus several blogs for individuals, a red hat society website and a few retail store fronts) are having issues and may experience brief interruptions in service.

I am able to bypass these disruptions by using a proxy when it does occur, but if you do not wish to bother, you can wait and try again in a few minutes to see if the DNS has resolved. These are random and intermittent disruptions that tend to affect countries and regions in "waves" and they will pass.

You can find more articles about this situation (from a variety of perspectives) through a Google search for "Dreamhost attack" I will NOT change servers as I will be loyal to Dreamhost as an excellent server with 99.99% up time for the past decade, without "accidentally deleting PaganPath" like five other Christian based servers did in the mid 1990's.

We are going to ride it through because I know they will get this repaired, and without compromising the anonymity of their client base. Meanwhile, all Premium Memberships are extended for an additional month without charge, and extra materials will go up constantly as I can connect through various proxies.
Please "Like" PaganPath on Facebook by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking the like button. :)
Please Login to Post a Reply

Important PaganPath News 31 Aug 17 12:04 pm America/Chicago #2

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
Please "Like" PaganPath on Facebook by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking the like button. :)

Important PaganPath News 1 Sep 17 9:43 am America/Chicago #3

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Rankadmin
And the final word is in on our Pagan & Free Speech Friendly Server:
DreamHost Blog: We Fight for the Users
A Win for Privacy Is a Win for the Web

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.

September Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Save when you pay dues for more years:
What areas of study interest you most?
Any Notes or Comments to Add?
Pixel