TOPIC: A Different Year and a Day

A Different Year and a Day 27 Oct 17 6:41 am America/Chicago #1

• zanna
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Rankmod
  • Eclectic Pagan, Hedgewitch
  • Thank you received: 65
  • Study & Scholarship Award PaganPath Honor Medal
I recently wrote about how we are not witches 8 days a year at the sabbats, but we are witches everyday. I have found that many of us (even myself, on this path for over 30 years) still get caught up in the mundane aspects of day to day living and sometimes forget this, only to be reminded as a holiday approaches. This doesn't mean we have to be in ritual mode 24/7/365, but simply remain aware of who we are and how we influence the world around us with everything we do.

Beginning this coming Tuesday, Samhain 2017, I am challenging myself to a new kind of "year and a day". Every single day from Oct 31, 2017 through Oct 31, 2018 I will pick up and open my BOS and my journals. I may not write every day, hopefully I will find inspiration to write more often while doing this. There are so many ideas in my head that I want to put down on paper, but I often don't feel inspired to create a BOS page or have the words to express in my journal. By making this a daily habit, of going through the motions and reminding myself each day who and what I am, I will create a new awareness and create that space to do those things more frequently as well as get more in touch with the progression of the seasons each day.

I invite everyone here to join me if you like. This will not be a guided program, but more of a sharing thread for ideas and inspiration... and if you like, for accountability. There is no grading or pass/fail, only an invitation to participate as much or as little as you choose.
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.
Please Login to Post a Reply
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

A Different Year and a Day 1 Nov 17 5:03 pm America/Chicago #2

• zanna
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Rankmod
From Samhain to Yule (Midwinter) I call the dark season. We have harvested all we could and are cozying down to wait for the light. This is a time to rest and enjoy the fruits of our labors all year. In the northern hemisphere the weather is cooling and its time for a nap. Time to dream about what's to come when the light returns.

These 7-1/2 weeks I spend nurturing myself, napping more, taking baths, going for walks. My journal entries focus on my accomplishments of the past year and my dreams for the year to come. This is not the time of "doing" however. That time will come. While it is often a time of holiday parties and gatherings, I try to reserve as much time for myself as possible. This is also a good time to look deep within ourselves and do shadow work.

How will you spend this season?
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

A Different Year and a Day 12 Nov 17 5:36 pm America/Chicago #3

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 56
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
A great idea Zanna. Sometimes we have to reinforce our practices by doing one small thing every day to get closer to our goals.
In the spring I promised to my self to draw or practice my art every day, I had to either paint, draw or write something every day. You know, it really worked, I have kept up with my Book of Shadows, it is full of little drawings, photos, color coded correspondences and candle magick. I have been painting, making wands, drying herbs.
All my walking in nature has resulted a better toned body and a healthier outlook in life.
Good luck with your BOS, I bet it is going to look awesome.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: zanna

A Different Year and a Day 12 Nov 17 7:48 pm America/Chicago #4

• zanna
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Rankmod
Thank you Ouroboros! More than the BOS itself (mine is about 30+ years old, lol), this is about being present with my practice everyday and not just 8 days a year. By picking up my BOS and journal, I have that physical reminder and prompt that causes me to think about how my day might go and what I will do to live my path in that moment :pent: . So far I've enjoyed flipping through and being reminded of old rituals and spells (some I started and didn't finish... and may never finish). The bonus is that by using the BOS as the prompter, I anticipate getting more of what I keep in my head (spells, recipes, etc) onto paper :candle: :spell: :candle:

A Different Year and a Day 13 Nov 17 5:50 pm America/Chicago #5

• Ouroboros
  • Contributing Member
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 56
  • PaganPath Honor Medal Study & Scholarship Award
I am happy that you are becoming inspired again, I write a lot of personal experiences down in my BOS. Usually comments about the birds and creatures that I see from my kitchen window. I write them under the heading "Magickal Moments" It is fun to revisit them.
love and Laughter
Ouroboros

PaganPath Academy & Witchcraft Classes Open Enrollment Now

PaganPath Academy Enrollment:

Our Academy remains the most outstanding available, and also the least costly!  Join any or all of the courses in the Academy for $49 a year, and start your classes right now.  Special: You get 25% off today!  Become a Premium Member & Enroll now for only $36.75, just click here.

Join as a Free Full Member (no Academy access) here to access the forum, downloads and more great stuff.

Save when you pay dues for more years:
What areas of study interest you most?
Any Notes or Comments to Add?
Pixel