This is the current User Agreement for PaganPath.com.
- General Information & Terminology
- Notice of Changes
- Membership Dues, Refunds & Termination
- Sharing Memberships
- Security & Privacy
- Limitation of Liability
- No Warranty
- Contacting & Help
- Closing and Venue
1. General Information and Terminology:
- We have tried to tone down any "legal-ese" so that we can all understand these terms, but if you have any questions, please contact us.
- By registering a name at PaganPath.com ("the site"), you become a Member ("Member") and agree to be bound by this Agreement ("Agreement").
- Members are responsible for providing all personal computer and communications equipment necessary to gain access to the site. Access to and use of the site is through a combination of an ID and a password. Each Member must keep his/her password strictly confidential. For security reasons, PaganPath.com will not release a Member's password, address or credit card information to anyone other than the Member for any reason, except as may be specifically required by law or court order. Unauthorized access to the Member Only areas of PaganPath is a breach of this Agreement and may be a violation of certain laws.
- Anyone accessing the Member Only areas of PaganPath is also bound by this Agreement.
- Statements expressed by the webmasters of PaganPath.com on any part of the site are our opinions only.
- Any violation of this Agreement may result in termination of membership status and possible legal action.
- The Member hereby warrants and represents that he or she is over the age of 18 for any paid Membership to the site and in all respects
is qualified and competent to enter into this agreement.
The Member hereby warrants and represents that he or she is over the age of 13 for any free Membership and collected information does not fall under COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
- The Member hereby warrants and represents that he or she is not offended by Pagan, occult, religious or any other material contained or reasonably assumed to contain on the site. If offense is taken, see the section for Membership Dues, Refunds and Termination.
2. Notice of Changes:
This Agreement is subject to change by PaganPath.com at any time and a general announcement indicating that a change has been made will be posted on the Terms & Conditons page located at http://paganpath.com/tandc.html. Please refer back to this document occasionally to see if there have been any changes. Any questions or comments about changes, or disputes to changes can be resolved by contacting a site owner/administrator.
3. Membership Dues, Refunds and Termination:
Members are responsible for paying periodic membership dues according to the current billing terms. Although there are Free Memberships available to enable access to the Forums, the majority of Members pay dues to enroll in the online courses and classes in the Academy section of the site, and to access premium features. For Members who pay dues, changes in membership dues are not retroactive for the current membership term. (Meaning that if we raise prices, you don't make up the difference for your current membership term, and if we lower the prices, we don't refund you the difference for your current membership term.) Memberships must be renewed by the Member as we will not automatically rebill you. An email notice is sent to you letting you know that your term is ending about a month before your membership term ends. If your paid Membership expired, you will continue to have access to the Free Memberships materials. Free Memberships do not expire.
Refunds follow the schedule as posted below. Exceptions to the refund schedule are considered and discussed as outlined below. Membership begins from the day you are assigned your username and password and gain access to the restricted area (not the date you signed up) and ends one year plus one day from that date. For example, if you joined on May 31st but did not gain access to the Academy or other paid Membership areas until June 2nd, your membership term begins on June 2nd and ends on June 3rd the following year.
You have 5 (five) days from the date you were assigned your username/password to review the Member Only areas and request a refund if desired. Because the Member Only areas contains entire online books and articles that could potentially be downloaded in a few minutes, refunds are based on your login times according to the following schedule:
Membership may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, by either PaganPath.com or the Member upon notification of the other by electronic (email) or conventional mail, facsimile or by telephone. When termination is requested by a member, membership dues are generally not refunded after five days. For refund exceptions, please contact a site owner/administrator.
- Refund Schedule
- Zero Login Sessions = 100% refund
- 1 Login Session = 100% refund
- 2 Login Sessions = 25% refund
- 3 Login Sessions or after 5 days = no refund
- Login sessions are based on our server's records.
- In the rare event that postage was included with any membership: Postage / shipping not refundable.
- Exceptions to this schedule will be considered and discussed via email, the Help Desk or telephone.
- Due to the voluntary and interactive nature of the Forum, refunds of membership dues can not be allowed based on any conflicts arising out of Forum activities. Membership term length is not based on the amount of time Members have had access to these forums. The interactive forum is located at http://paganpath.com/forum.html
4. Sharing Memberships:Membership may not be assigned or transferred to any other person or entity except as specified here. Only a special Membership known as a Coven/Shared/Group Membership may be utilized by multiple users such as anyone of legal age who is your life partner, or direct member of your family, coven or household subject to approval. If you have a temporary guest staying with you, contact a site owner/administrator and we will assign a guest pass for 2 (two) days. To apply for special shared Membership, go to the Join Now page and send the special rate annual dues for Coven/Group Membership. Then contact a site owner/administrator to request approval so that one membership can be shared and individuals can be assigned separate login names under the same membership. Please note: Online or "Cyber" Covens may NOT share a single membership under any circumstances, and no membership can be shared by more than 13 (thirteen) people.
5. Security & Privacy:
- Members should promptly inform PaganPath.com of any apparent breaches of security, such as loss, theft, distribution of copyrighted materials on other web sites and mailing lists or unauthorized disclosure or use of an ID or password.
- Your identity and membership status, plus any personal information you provide to us is never intentionally shared with any other person, company or entity except as may be specifically required by law or court order. You are not added to any directories or public membership rosters. Listing your username in any roster or directory such as your forum profile is voluntary and you may add or remove information to any listing at any time. Your legal name and other private information such as your location, contact information or Academy scores is never displayed to others.
6. Limitation of Liability:Any liability of PaganPath.com, including without limitation any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause or action, shall be strictly limited to the amount paid by or on behalf of the Member to PaganPath.com for the preceding 12 months. Some states/provinces do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. No Warranty:No warranty is made by PaganPath.com regarding any information, services, or products provided through or in connection with the Service, and PaganPath.com hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including without limitation: 1) any warranties as to the availability, accuracy, or content of information, products, or services 2) any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Copyrights:The materials in the paid Membership and Academy areas are for the private education and enjoyment of Members only. These materials are proprietary and any other use is strictly prohibited. All materials are Copyrighted © by PaganPath.com - A. Minahan (a.k.a. Friday, previously Volute). No part of the members area may be reproduced, transmitted or utilized in any form or by any means without permission in writing from the authors. The only exceptions to this copyright are:
- A) The use of brief quotations embodied in literary articles and reviews. (brief=maximum of 100 words)
- B) Although we encouraged you to refer to this on-line version of any books, spells, articles or other files in the member's area to save trees, we understand that there may be a time when you wish to have a 'hard copy' of the member's area. As part of your membership, you are entitled to print one copy of any or all of the books, pages, articles, etc. from the member's area. This single printed copy is for your own personal use only and may not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed in any way. All copyright information and any copyright marks must remain with printed copies.All other Rights are Reserved. Specifically, no materials may be used on any other web site or mailing list, no exceptions. If a member finds materials from the member's area on any other web site, please contact a site owner/administrator immediately.Materials in the free public and free membership areas hold the same copyrights as above unless otherwise specifically stated on an article. There are several articles written by A. Minahan (PaganPath owner) that have been released under the Open Content License v1.0. Only in these rare instances, the article contains a paragraph at the beginning and the end of its content indicating the article can be shared so long as the copyright and licensing notice remains intact, and that any reproductions or modifications of the work must remain free, cannot be sold, and must contain original authorship credit. Please see the Open Content License website for specifics of this licensing. The introduction and closing paragraph of any materials released under this license read as follows:Copyright © 2013 by PaganPath.com - A. Minahan. This material may be distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Content License, v1.0 or later (the latest version is presently available at http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/). Please explore PaganPath.com for more original content like this.
9. Contacting the Member's Coordinator and Member Customer Service:
Questions, suggestions, access problems, cancellations, refund requests, friendly 'hellos' and all other correspondences regarding PaganPath.com memberships should be handled as follows:
First send email or text message to the site owner/administrator here. You may also use the Help Desk which will give you a support ticket ID number. Please include your real name or Member Nae (username). If it is ok for us to call you, and you prefer to speak with a real person, please include your phone number and the best time to call when you send an email or Help Desk request. You should receive a response within 48 hours and usually much sooner. We receive hundreds of email messages each day, but Member email is our first priority. Your persistence and patience are greatly appreciated.
10. Closing and Venue:This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Member and PaganPath.com regarding the use of the Members Only areas, and supersedes all prior written and oral understandings and writings, and may only be amended upon notice by PaganPath.com to Members. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the provisions of this Agreement shall survive its termination.
The Agreement shall be governed pursuant to the laws of the State of Arkansas.