Menu

How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?

23 Mar 2016 12:42 #27 by Pagan Priestess
Pagan Priestess replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
I chose it myself to reflect my path....I have a Pagan penname, Blacmist that was given to me by another Pagan that I also use all the time when writing ...I don't try to hide my real identity with either, they just help me to connect with my spiritual side more as a Pagan/ Priestess/Trad/Wiccan...funny part is that I started out as a Damiana, a herb that I really like BUT.....so I quickly assimulated to the others and have had them for quite a while now. Bless it be!
Thank You from these Members:: Friday, Daella

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pagan Priestess
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Pagan Priestess~
More
02 Apr 2016 10:29 #28 by Otatara
Otatara replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
Also to answer ThisFish's question from another angle - when I realised I was being called to the ancient path from my European ancestral line, I went up to a hill called Otatara - a name brought down to the Hawke's Bay, where I lived at the time, from a iwi (tribe) who fled south when they lost a battle in the Far North, and so I took the name of that place as my Pagan name. It is perhaps apt, as it is Maori for "the place of loosening or untying" - as I try to loosen my ties to the material world; so although many things have changed, since I took that name sixteen years ago, it still tends to fit me.

More
16 Apr 2016 14:28 #29 by Willow Saille
Willow Saille replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
My craft name is Aoifrim, which I took from my familiar--he suffered a disaster, and I Irishized the spelling (E-frim, it's pronounced) and took it as my last craft name (I am croning as we speak).

He was a vessel, owl-shaped, for my owl familiar to enter in. I still have the vessel, held together as well as I could make it. Efrim (I pronounced the E as a long one since I was small) has not abandoned me, but he has retired. He is still with me, but it is time for the last decades of my life to commence, and we both feel that this is the way.

Blessings,

Aoifrim (Willow)
Thank You from these Members:: Daella

More
29 Apr 2016 13:44 #30 by Ouroboros
Ouroboros replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
I tried the Craft Name Generators but it came up with some totally stupid names that I could not use without laughing hysterically.
I decided on Ouroboros because it is such a powerful symbol of eternal regeneration. Becoming a witch was a rebirth for me so the Ouroboros is very meaningful to me.

love and Laughter
Ouroboros
Thank You from these Members:: Daella

• Ouroboros
  • Away
  • Expert Member
  • Expert Member
More
12 May 2016 17:09 #31 by Sporehead
Sporehead replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
My magical name, Antaia, is (as far as I can tell -- I know VERY little Greek!) a female version of "Antaeus", a giant in Greek mythology who got his strength from the Earth, which fits because my path is very Earth-focused (as of right now, Mother Earth is the only diety I worship).

More
29 Jun 2016 22:16 - 29 Jun 2016 22:17 #32 by Sporehead
Sporehead replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
And a few weeks after I made that post, I'm dropping the name Antaia because I did some more research on it and discovered that it had some meanings I don't want. (The literal translation of it is "hostile". I am not hostile.)

I will take my time choosing a new name. Oh, I wish this forum had an "edit post" button.
ETA: Okay, correction -- I wish the "edit post" button didn't expire after a certain amount of time …

More
30 Jun 2016 17:23 #33 by Ouroboros
Ouroboros replied the topic: How did you get your Craft or Pagan name?
Opps! Sometimes that happens, ;) Try again. :whistle:

love and Laughter
Ouroboros

• Ouroboros
  • Away
  • Expert Member
  • Expert Member
More
Moderators Friday, : Bane DragonRabblerouzerOtatarazanna

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free