Menu

Blessed Imbolc!

04 Feb 2017 07:19 #1 by zanna
zanna created the topic: Blessed Imbolc!
A few days late, but a blessed Imbolc (Lammas in the Southern Hemisphere) to all! Even though I no longer have to deal with the extremes of winter, it's nice to know that the spring is coming and new life abounds.

My new garden seeds have arrived and I'm excited to experiment with gardening in a new climate. How is everyone else welcoming the new season?

If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.
Thank You from these Members:: Friday

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zanna
  • zanna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Eclectic Pagan, Hedgewitch
More
06 Feb 2017 14:28 #2 by Ladon
Ladon replied the topic: Blessed Imbolc!
Merry Imbolc to you too!
We celebrated Brigid and the return of the light, were blessed by maiden, mother and crone, received grains of wheat that we sowed in ashes of the yule bonfire and watered from a spring nearby. For cake and wine there were lots of pancakes, which is traditional for both pagans and Christians for light mass/ imbolc throughout Europe. The day are visibly getting longer here, but tempetatures remain changeable. We had +10°C today, predictions for -5°C in a few days. So the wheat is only going in indoor pots until I get the greenhouse fixed. It's a bit early for vegetable gardening preparations, but I have time and imbolc energy now to clean everything up that should have been done before winter. Can't wait :-)
Thank You from these Members:: Friday, zanna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators Friday, : Bane DragonRabblerouzerOtatarazanna

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free