A Different Year and a Day

07 Apr 2018 08:27 - 07 Apr 2018 08:29 #14 by zanna
Replied by zanna on topic A Different Year and a Day
Fire in the Belly

Ostara to Beltane is more of the same. We are planting, tending, nourishing and we will begin to feel the Beltane fire, the fire in our bellies that burns with a desire to make our dreams reality. We have begun to see early progress and are burning for more.

Beltane is a time to throw off the cloaks of caution and take life by the horns. You've had a taste of what's now growing in your garden and in your life. Celebrate how far you've already come! Use this confidence to try something new, something unknown. For your garden it could be a new fertilizer, for your life it could be a new way to use your new growing skill, or stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing your new skill with others. Let your fire burn brightly!

If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.
Thank You from these Members:: KatMarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zanna
  • zanna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Eclectic Pagan, Hedgewitch
More
07 Apr 2018 19:11 #15 by KatMarie
Replied by KatMarie on topic A Different Year and a Day

zanna wrote: I recently wrote about how we are not witches 8 days a year at the sabbats, but we are witches everyday. I have found that many of us (even myself, on this path for over 30 years) still get caught up in the mundane aspects of day to day living and sometimes forget this, only to be reminded as a holiday approaches. This doesn't mean we have to be in ritual mode 24/7/365, but simply remain aware of who we are and how we influence the world around us with everything we do.
Beginning this coming Tuesday, Samhain 2017, I am challenging myself to a new kind of "year and a day". Every single day from Oct 31, 2017 through Oct 31, 2018 I will pick up and open my BOS and my journals. I may not write every day, hopefully I will find inspiration to write more often while doing this. There are so many ideas in my head that I want to put down on paper, but I often don't feel inspired to create a BOS page or have the words to express in my journal. By making this a daily habit, of going through the motions and reminding myself each day who and what I am, I will create a new awareness and create that space to do those things more frequently as well as get more in touch with the progression of the seasons each day.
I invite everyone here to join me if you like. This will not be a guided program, but more of a sharing thread for ideas and inspiration... and if you like, for accountability. There is no grading or pass/fail, only an invitation to participate as much or as little as you choose.

Right! I have been focusing more on myself lately. I get caught up in the rush, smushed between responsibilities and obligations and having to go here and go there, then when it is my time, I just want to sleep. I deprive myself of myself, if that makes any sense. This year, I have been making time, scheduling time, and if all of a sudden I have a thought or have something catch my eye or if I just feel like taking a breather and create something, then damnit I will!! I have been able to retain more information.

A Sincerely Learning Libra, Blessed Be!

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More
07 Apr 2018 19:15 #16 by KatMarie
This goes with my last post, which was the wrong part (sorry!), but same goes!

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More
24 Apr 2018 17:14 #17 by Ouroboros
Replied by Ouroboros on topic A Different Year and a Day
I have been trying to incorporate more mindful thinking and magick into my life too. The more I do, the more I am inspired to see the small things in life that truly are magickal.

love and Laughter
Ouroboros

More
24 Apr 2018 17:26 #18 by KatMarie
Exactly! It's like I opened a new-found window in my head, and I can see things from yet another perspective. Feels like holding hands with my soul while taking a fun skip through the woods while on break from gathering herbs for the evening's work! Hmm.. That didn't come out as well as it sounded in my head.. Oh well.

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
More
27 Apr 2018 19:49 #19 by Ouroboros
Replied by Ouroboros on topic A Different Year and a Day
Yup! I saw you skipping!

love and Laughter
Ouroboros

More
29 Apr 2018 16:40 #20 by KatMarie

Ouroboros wrote: Yup! I saw you skipping!

That's awesome, and encouraging! How fun!

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
More
28 Nov 2018 16:07 #21 by CelesteFireDragon
Replied by CelesteFireDragon on topic A Different Year and a Day
I have been spiritually pagan since I was 8 years old when I first discovered and dabbled in spellcasting.
Since then, I practiced a type of folk magic that I learned from watching my great aunts and from the healers who treated us when we were sick before going to western doctors. I learned to accept the existence of and to respect the space of earth spirits, and entities in forests, nodies of water,
As I grew older, I craved to learn more. In my twenties, I learned the meaning of manifesting without spellcasting. It caught me off guard and scared me a little bit as it seemed that each request I made to the universe seem to come to fruition. So I researched and read books from authors like Ravenwolf, Telesco, Grimassi, Buckland, Cunningham, Farrar’s Complete Witch’s Bible, even Crowley’s Magick in Theory and Practice.
I formally dedicated myself to the craft in on my birthday in 2000 as a solitary but haven’t any formal training of a year and a day.
Does this mean I am not a witch?
Would I need to actually go through a year and a day to be a witch?
I am inspired to rededicate myself to a more formal and serious practice that I can teach my son when his time comes.
I am grateful for any direction and suggestions in this matter.
Thank you!
Celeste

• CelesteFireDragon
  • New to Forum
  • New to Forum
More
Moderators Frigga, : Bane DragonRabblerouzerOtatarazanna

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free