Potions Season Continues

13 Feb 2018 23:41 - 13 Feb 2018 23:48 #1 by Bruce A. Grayson
Potions Season Continues was created by Bruce A. Grayson

Are the long days of winter beginning to get to you?  It may be time to brew up some potions!  Our favorite rainy day or cold weather activity is to have a "Potions Day".  All the oils, waxes, herbs and tools come out, a good Witchy movie or audiobook goes on, and we create soaps, ointments and balms, candles, perfumes, bath salts and much more.

As a carpenter, my partner works outdoors a lot, and likes to make balms (like lip balm) and ointments to keep his skin protected.  We also do a considerable amount of gardening and enjoy making our own soap to help reduce poison ivy reactions, or eliminate the garlic odor after cooking.  With the Imbolc Sabbat close, we enjoy making about a dozen candles to use during Sabbats and Esbats in the coming year.

A basic ointment is four parts oil to one part wax.  For example a cup of olive oil and a quarter cup of melted beeswax.  To make a balm (firmer ointment like lip balm) simply use more wax or less oil.  For a softer ointment similar to petroleum jelly, use a bit more oil or less wax.  You can add calendula or herbs to your oil to infuse it first, and strain it to make ointment, or you might enjoy adding essential oils to make a heel and elbow lavender ointment or a solid perfume.

For recipes and ideas for your Potions Day, check out the site search at the top right of every page (click on the key).
Thank You from these Members:: zanna, Tricksterisme, Meroe, KatMarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bruce A. Grayson
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Interim Administrator
More
06 Apr 2018 17:09 #2 by KatMarie
Replied by KatMarie on topic Potions Season Continues
I am excited to get the hang of this, very cool!

A Sincerely Learning Libra, Blessed Be!

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More
13 Apr 2018 18:59 #3 by KatMarie
Replied by KatMarie on topic Potions Season Continues
I just realized I have that exact same mortar and pestle as in that picture!

A Sincerely Learning Libra, Blessed Be!

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free