Siberian Pea Shrub?

05 Apr 2018 19:20 #1 by KatMarie
KatMarie created the topic: Siberian Pea Shrub?
There was a mysterious plant that decided it wanted to grow in the very center of my mom's (huge and empty but for a shed) backyard some-odd years ago. Not many plants can grow out there, once upon a time half the town I grew up in was a filbert orchard, then it was taken out and the soil was ruined. Growing up I wanted a garden but it was a raised bed because nothing can grow healthy out there. We hadn't identified it for a long time, looked like a tree sprout or something. My aunt Faye, who has a green-thumb like no one I know, wasn't sure either, she said she was surprised that it was growing out there so it is a pretty hardy plant. She had theories but it was kind of a wait and see type thing.
Well this aspiring tree hung in there for years, and eventually matured. It grew and grew, the most I'd do is respectfully trim the lowest branches, as I noticed our cat liked the shade but there were thorn-like things on the lower part so it wasn't too close, so I kept the lowest parts trimmed down and left yhe rest. Our yard is all sun, all the time, and we have trees and brambles and bushes all around our property, but not in our yard. Aunt Faye said that she didn't think it was native to our state, so we just decided to maintain it if necessary and thank it for offering it's shade and home for the critters that desperately needed it, like the songbirds and other critters that live by us.
Today, that little tree is roughly about 14' at the tallest point! Well curiosity got the best of me and I had to know. Digging around online we finally discoveredcame to the conclusion that it is actually a Siberian Peashrub, strangely. Which brings me to ask, is there any particular folklore or magickal properties that I could possibly use or practise with? I'm 99% sure that that is what it is.
Anything is helpful, thoughts answers and questions are requested and encouraged, please! Blessed be, my friends!

A Sincerely Learning Libra, Blessed Be!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KatMarie
  • KatMarie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More
05 Apr 2018 23:00 #2 by Sporehead
Sporehead replied the topic: Siberian Pea Shrub?
I’ve never heard of a Siberian pea shrub, but my first instinct would be to look into Russian folklore (because it’s from Siberia right?) and see if there’s anything there.
Thank You from these Members:: KatMarie

• Sporehead
  • Away
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • I’m an Eclectic/Kemetic Pagan (basically, I borrow from a lot of traditions, but mostly Ancient Egypt). I'm proudly bisexual. I also enjoy Dungeons & Dragons, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, penguins, and playing my ukulele.
More
06 Apr 2018 16:56 #3 by KatMarie
KatMarie replied the topic: Siberian Pea Shrub?
Hah, of course! Thank you, I'll do some more digging - I may post here what I find out, if that's ok. Thank you for the suggestion, why didn't I think of that?

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More
07 Apr 2018 17:42 #4 by KatMarie
KatMarie replied the topic: Siberian Pea Shrub?
Well, I found more info on this tree, I was thinking of putting some together and posting it here, would that be ok?

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
More
08 Apr 2018 00:27 #5 by Sporehead
Sporehead replied the topic: Siberian Pea Shrub?
Sure! I’d be interested! :cheer:
Thank You from these Members:: KatMarie

• Sporehead
  • Away
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • I’m an Eclectic/Kemetic Pagan (basically, I borrow from a lot of traditions, but mostly Ancient Egypt). I'm proudly bisexual. I also enjoy Dungeons & Dragons, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, penguins, and playing my ukulele.
More

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free