Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies

03 Jun 2015 03:31 #1 by Jehanne
Jehanne created the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
Hi all.
I think it would be nice if you would like to share Your favourite recipes for potions, herbs, elixirs and natural remedies for different health concerns, like bruises, scars, flu, fever, anxiety, fatigue, skin problems, mood changes, weight loss and also for enchanting and spells, or for preventing unwelcomed energies and people or attracting good things, love, health, wisdom and happines. I think you know what I mean.

Here is one of my favourites (I'll post more soon):

CONCENTRATION & MOOD

If I want more concentration or an uplifting mood, these herbs have been the most helpful to me, because I have tried many:
- Rosemary improves clarity in the mind and emotions.
- Peppermint is stimulating and enlivens the mind and is one of the best oils to boost energy, creativity and learning.
- Basil improves mental fatigue and focus.

ANTI-ALLERGY TONIC

As long as I can remember, I have been dealing with pollen- and hayfever allergies every spring and summer. After I bumped into this recipe I have not had any kind of allergy, not even sneezing, nothing. Try it if you suffer from allergies. Crush and mix these herbs together in a little water, juice or a smoothie. If you buy these in a capsule form, just open the capsules and pour it into the drink you choose:
- Stinging Nettle Root Extract 500 mg
- Quercetin 500 mg
- Honey or preferably Manuka Honey or Propolis 1 tbsp
- Acerola Juice 1/3 cup

"Go thy ways, I begin to be aweary of thee"
Thank You from these Members:: witchymomma, Tricksterisme, KatMarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jehanne
  • Jehanne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jehanne Betnikh DeLaWarre
More
25 Jul 2015 02:05 #2 by JoevanZYL
JoevanZYL replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
Yep,there will be many of us a big fan of herbs.
I have several depending on the use,"Cardamom" treats Indigestion chew one teaspoon of these seeds to soothe a sour belly.
Thank You from these Members:: Tricksterisme

More
15 Sep 2015 10:31 #3 by Friday
Friday replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
Two cups of strong infusion of chamomile stops the swelling in my knees so they heal at night. Works better than over the counter NSAIDs

You are invited to add me as a friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com/fridaywyrd
Thank You from these Members:: Phyre, Tricksterisme

• Friday
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • PaganPath Instructor
More
02 Nov 2015 22:51 #4 by AthenaD
AthenaD replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
I make a lot of my own homemade remedies and products. For instance, I make my own antibacterial hand soap, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
For cold and flu, I make my own 'Nyquil', minus the alcohol.
I have so many homemade remedies that I would be typing all night, but I think you get the gist of it.

Merry Meet and Merry Part. Until we Merry Meet again.

• AthenaD
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Merry Meet!
More
03 Nov 2015 12:03 #5 by LavenderMoon
LavenderMoon replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
As for skin problems for me, I use calendula oil which I make by infusing the petals in a base (Such as olive oil or almond. I prefer almond)
I also use Lavender on the daily, especially because I grow it myself. I use the oil as a calming body oil, I use it in my teas and to scent my house. Even just the sight of the lovely little flowers brings serenity and calm.
I use garlic as an internal healer, its also great for skin. Not only does it help you physically but it also keeps negative energy's away by soaking them up. I leave half a clove at my door entrance and a knot hanging at my window.
These are the herbs that I most commonly use.

• LavenderMoon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Nov 2015 22:17 #6 by zanna
zanna replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
My go-to blends often include different blends of just a few favorite herbs, including nettles, peppermint, burdock root, astragalus root, ginger, lemon balm, and Chamomile (to name a few). Simpler to have one herb that does 10 things than 10 different herbs!

One tea I drink almost daily for clear mind and energy boost is equal parts of lemon balm, chamomile, peppermint, and lemongrass.

Triple goddess cold remedy is equal parts yarrow, elder flowers, peppermint - delicious way to shorten the life of a cold if you aren't able to blast it with echinacea early enough. Add a little marshmallow root if a scratchy throat is present.

If you can tolerate the grassy taste, straight nettles tea is a wonderful women's tonic and also great for allergies and as an antihistamine (I get awful reactions to insect bites and this is the best!). If straight nettles is too much, add some peppermint.

For cold sores and similar infections and even eye infections, a chamomile poultice (or damp tea bag) placed on the area speeds healing.

And with winter coming in the northern hemisphere, add burdock and/or astragalus root to soups for an immune building boost.

If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.

• zanna
  • Expert Member
  • Expert Member
  • Eclectic Pagan, Hedgewitch
More
05 Nov 2015 18:41 #7 by Daughter of Selene
Daughter of Selene replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
My "go-to" is always a chamomile and peppermint tea. Either for my sensitive tummy, destressing after work or calming my mind before bed.
I am blessed to be able to grow these (and many more) herbs in my garden so I know how they were grown and dried.

• Daughter of Selene
More
13 Apr 2018 18:54 #8 by KatMarie
KatMarie replied the topic: Your favourite herbs, potions, recipes & natural remedies
Well I've yet to create any recipes or concoctions, but I can mention my favorite one to grow: Aloe - an amazing and often under-rated plant! They are beauties, and have so many uses! :cheer: B) :heart:

A Sincerely Learning Libra, Blessed Be!

• KatMarie
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Greetings! I am a Libra, an artist, a writer, a mother to two fur-children, a model, with a yearning for knowledge and guidance on my Pagan Path. -Kat Marie
More

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free