Tarot readings- opinions requested

13 Oct 2016 09:26 #1 by Daella
Tarot readings- opinions requested was created by Daella
Otatara said it better, but I support his view. In today's world, people are rewarded for their skills, time, effort, and expertise everyday. It's called "work". It doesn't seem to matter what expertise or genre our work falls into, there will always be someone who doesn't agree with the value of the reward.

Readers put many, many hours into study and practice. Months and years. It is an ongoing, continuous learning process that has no end. A good reader is ethical and their intentions are good and honorable by our peers in the field. It, most certainly, is not easy work (contrary to the belief of many).

Unfortunately, there are still shysters out there who are using methods of divination, etc., for untoward purposes such as separating good people from their money. Those are probably the horror stories that your friend may have heard to obtain the opinion that they have of your skill. Just remember that this situation is so in almost every field of "work" out there today. You can get a bad dentist, contractor, or cook too.

Good ethics. Good intentions. Continue to study and learn, always. Do the right thing, because its the right thing to do...

... And patience and understanding. Hopefully your friend will see all these things and come to understand that the horror story side to it is an exception to the norm.

As for other ethics and things like confidentiality; decide upon yours before you start. Let them grow and adapt as need be, but be serious about them. Frigga has an excellent Tarot education class and reading section including an article entitled "Going to a Psychic?..." that you should read. You can also ask her about professional tarot associations of good standing where you can further read about ethics and disclaimers. (I'm not sure about listing offsite references on the forum. I'll allow Frigga and the moderators to answer further about any association or recommendations.)

I hope this helps.
Thank You from these Members:: linearosekahn16, Tricksterisme, dlovgodiva, KatMarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daella
  • Daella's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
More

Discover More on Your Path

Two membership choices to bring you more great stuff!

• Enroll in Academy
  • $ 49 On Sale: $ 36.75 / A Year &amp a day
  • All Free Member Bonuses
  • Full Access to ALL Courses in Witchcraft, Wicca, Paganism, Tarot, Herbs & more.
  • 10% Off all Shop orders
  • Exclusive Books & Downloads
  • Reverts to Free Membership after 366 days
  • Enroll Now
  • Free Membership
  • FREE
  • Post Messages on the Forum
  • Unlimited Private Messages
  • Free Downloads & Almanacs
  • Extra Articles & Features
  • Never Expires
  • Join Free